Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot menu improperly displays hidden AppleDouble dot files
(05-13-2020, 02:15 AM)longpanda Wrote: What about the size of these ._xxx files?

A valid ISO file must have size > 32KB,  is it possiable to filt them by size?

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t want to just filter out all files that start with a dot. Ventoy is already programmed to ignore any ISOs in a folder that contains a file named “.ventoyignore”. I verified that it works. 

I can’t find good information on how large a Mac resource fork can get, but they can contain all sorts of different icons and even some image filetypes. Filtering on size does not seem like the appropriate solution. 

If it is true that there cannot be a valid ISO less than 32KB, seems like filtering out smaller ISO files would also be a good idea. But that should be separate from the solution of filtering out invisible dot files. If I want to I should be able to hide a valid large ISO file from the menu (and my file browser) by adding a dot to the beginning of the file name. That is the expected behavior of dot files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boot menu improperly displays hidden AppleDouble dot files - by RedbearAK - 05-13-2020, 04:22 AM