Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why won't Ventoy boot a Microsoft Windows 10 ISO file?
(05-02-2021, 08:17 PM)ksalame23 Wrote: Hello everyone! I'm Khodor Salame. I recently downloaded Ventoy and used it to boot ISO files containing Knoppix Linux, and Microsoft Windows 7. However, Ventoy always fails to boot the Microsoft Windows 10 ISO file and then returns to the main Ventoy screen and freezes in black. I manually reformatted the primary partition to NTFS before copying the ISO files to my 128 gigabyte USB storage device. I also tested the Windows 10 ISO file using VMware Workstation Player and the installation worked perfectly. I don't understand why Ventoy always fails to boot the Windows 10 ISO file? Is this a software bug in Ventoy? Do I need to configure Ventoy? Does it matter if the Windows 10 ISO file contains multiple editions of Windows 10 such as x64/x86-bit architecture? Will this issue be fixed by next Ventoy software update? Thank you for your help and support.
Hi,

I recognise the issue, it only happens with the latest ISOs from Microsoft, for instance no problems with Win 10 1909 and 1709, I hope it gets fixed soon.
Ventoy is great, but this is annoying.
Regards

(04-27-2021, 09:10 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: Many thousands of people have no problem - so maybe you should check the checksum (CRC32\SHA1) of the ISO file that is on your USB drive? Otherwise, give exact details of which ISO you are using.

Hi, did you speak with those thousand people having no problem, or you are just assuming because they don't complaint that everything is working properly?
This occurs with the latest ISOs from Microsoft corresponding to the latest Windows versions, for instance download an ISO with Rufus or with the Microsoft Windows Update tool, and check if it works for you.
Regards

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why won't Ventoy boot a Microsoft Windows 10 ISO file? - by Renatus - 05-05-2021, 09:23 AM