Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Live Kit compatibility issue?
I'm not sure whether this is an issue with Ventoy or Linux Live Kit or somehow Mint, but here's what I did:

I customized Linux Mint by making an ISO of my hard drive using Linux Live Kit.  It generated an ISO file and a ZIP file.  I tried placing the ISO file onto my Ventoy drive and booting into it, but it didn't work.  First it booted Ventoy, and then gave me the menu to boot Mint, but when I did, it said that it's may not be compatible with 64-bit EUFI (It's a generic error that I've seen before, and it's common when I try to boot some ISO files on Ventoy but it never happened with Mint before, and why wouldn't it be compatible, considering that it was made from a 64-bit OS which I regularly boot in UEFI mode?).

So then I switched to CSM (Legacy BIOS) mode, and booted it again.  This time it showed a bunch of scrolling text like usual, but then it said:

Live Kit init (followed by a link to their website)
Setting Dynamic RAM compression using ZRAM if available
Probing for hardware
Looking for linux data in /linux.............................................................
Fatal error occurred - Could not locate linux data
Something went wrong and we can't continue.  This should never happen.
Please reboot your computer with Ctrl+Alt+Delete...

It should be noted that when I generated the ISO file, Live Kit told me an error that it couldn't find /linuz, so I went into the config file and changed a line to say /boot/linuz (because that's where it really is), and then it worked fine and created the ISO file without any errors.

Messages In This Thread
Linux Live Kit compatibility issue? - by HereIAmNow - 11-26-2020, 07:50 PM