Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Feature request] Allow ventoy.json file to be anywhere
(06-20-2020, 01:50 AM)pvieira Wrote: Hi

First of all, thank you for this awesome tool. I've been looking for something like this for ages. (I've been a long time user of the Zalman 2.5" case that allowed something similar to Ventoy, but in hardware.)

Now my feature request:

The ability to put the ISO files anywhere in the USB drive is a great usabiilty feature. I would like it to be possible for the ventoy.json file to have this feature too, so I could put it along with my ISO files in my ISO folder and keep the rest of the drive clean. Since the ventoy folder's existence seems to be there just to hold the ventoy.json file, why not allow that particular file to reside anywhere in the drive instead of a rigid placement inside a ventoy folder at the root folder of the drive? If the ventoy folder is expected to hold more things in the future, just allow the folder to be placed anywhere instead of just the root folder.

Congratulations for what you have achieved already and keep the good work!

In my opinion it's just for a sort of non beneficial promotion of the software itself. The creator never demanded anything from us/users in return against this ultra valuable software. So even if he wanted the entire setup including ISO files to be Ventoy folder oriented, wouldn't have been a big deal/drawback.

Yet your suggestion holds a moral value since ISO files are being detected irrespective of its location..

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Feature request] Allow ventoy.json file to be anywhere - by vishalvodro - 06-20-2020, 01:29 PM