Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 partitions - would this work
If I used Ventoy to create the original UFD and reserved space then created a partition in this reserved space and put ISO's in it, in addition to the ISO's in the original Ventoy partition, would Ventoy find all of them/would this work?  In other words, will Ventoy search ALL partitions (exFAT, NTFS) for ISO's or only the first partition on the UFD?
--
Why: I want a fast way to keep my Ventoy CLONED UFD up to date.  Macrium supports RDC - Rapid Delta Clone - with it I can insert the original Ventoy UFD and the clone and tell it to copy over only the blocks on the UFD that have changed.  Problem is that this RDC only works with NTFS partitions.  If I reformatted the Ventoy partition from exFAT to NTFS, I guess that would work with RDC but I also have 2 FreeBSD ISO's and I don't think they would work booted from NTFS (or would they)?

So my idea is:

P1 - Ventoy (originally exFAT reformatted to NTFS + reserved space) - put all Windows ISO's here - use Macrium to keep it updated using RDC
P2 - Ventoy EFI - unchanged
P3 - User created partition from reserved space - exFAT - put ISO's that are incompatible with NTFS here

Thanks for such a great tool!!!
Press F2, you can browser other partitions in your computer and select ISO files to boot.
Not only the partition 3 in the USB reserved space but also other partitions (e.g. partitions in your local disk/HDD).
(08-10-2022, 11:20 AM)longpanda Wrote: Press F2, you can browser other partitions in your computer and select ISO files to boot.
Not only the partition 3 in the USB reserved space but also other partitions (e.g. partitions in your local disk/HDD).
Thanks.  One last question - is the GAP also called "Hidden Track 0"?  If I do a Ventoy Update, is this information re-written (just curious)?  Thanks and best wishes on Ventoy.  I am a fellow developer (not on PC platform) so I recognize good software!!!