Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventoy 1.0.75 release
Heart 
  • 2022/05/31 --- 1.0.75 release
  1. Update Super UEFIinSecureBoot Disk v3-2

2. By default use memdisk mode when booting iKuai OS.

3. Fix the bug when booting linx iso (#1600)

4. Fix a bug when booting latest Alpine linux.

5. Fix a bug when booting easyos 3.4.3+

6. Fix a bug when booting ATLAS Windows ISO.

7. Fix a bug when UEFI booting KaOS-2022.04-x86_64.iso.

8. Fix the bug when booting ALT Linux in UEFI mode. (#1645)

9. Support programs loading for DLC Boot PE. (#1647)

10. Fix a bug in menu tip plugin webpage of VentoyPlugson. (#1602)

11. Fix a bug when booting RHEL/CentOS/Fedora with LVM device in the computer.

12. Fix a bug when boot in F2 browser mode if the computer has more than one disks with same size.

13. Update languages.json

14. New ISO support (total 880+)
(05-31-2022, 12:46 PM)longpanda Wrote:
  • 2022/05/31 --- 1.0.75 release
  1. Update Super UEFIinSecureBoot Disk v3-2

2. By default use memdisk mode when booting iKuai OS.

3. Fix the bug when booting linx iso (#1600)

4. Fix a bug when booting latest Alpine linux.

5. Fix a bug when booting easyos 3.4.3+

6. Fix a bug when booting ATLAS Windows ISO.

7. Fix a bug when UEFI booting KaOS-2022.04-x86_64.iso.

8. Fix the bug when booting ALT Linux in UEFI mode. (#1645)

9. Support programs loading for DLC Boot PE. (#1647)

10. Fix a bug in menu tip plugin webpage of VentoyPlugson. (#1602)

11. Fix a bug when booting RHEL/CentOS/Fedora with LVM device in the computer.

12. Fix a bug when boot in F2 browser mode if the computer has more than one disks with same size.

13. Update languages.json

14. New ISO support (total 880+)
[Image: hinh-anh-trai-tim-6.jpg]
hello, I will ask one thing, is there any possibility of improving or repairing the possibility of using #Ventoy with a #HP brand laptop? I ask this because there are already 4 laptops of this brand that I install using ventoy, and I cannot do it, I have to resort to #Rufus to be able to install them, and recently I installed another low-resource laptop, with windows 7, and the installation asked me for drivers that I couldn't find, something that didn't show me a long time ago since the 1.0.60 update if not wrong I remember Ventoy, these details will have a solution?, I await your response, have a good day!
If you have a problem with Ventoy and HP laptop, please give exact and precise details, model? procedure? Step-by-step process, what you see, legacy or UEFI boot, exact ISO, etc.

Also, be aware that Windows 7 does not contain drivers for modern USB 2 and USB3 systems and so you must modify the Win7 ISO to add required USB drivers (or use an ISO that has added drivers).
(06-05-2022, 08:47 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: modern USB 2
Not really. What you call "modern USB2" is just the USB 3.x controller of the platform emulating USB 2. So technically, the only thing one would need in this case is USB 3.x drivers for their particular platform. (UEFI-CSM and other drivers aside)

Ventoy has no issues with particular brands of laptops.
Quote:Ventoy has no issues with particular brands of laptops. ??

But you just reported that Ventoy does not work on your HP laptops.
Since it works on many other peoples HP laptops, that is rather an odd statement...
(06-05-2022, 03:51 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: But you just reported that Ventoy does not work on your HP laptops.
You're quoting the wrong person. I never posted such an issue. Mine was something completely different and very specific.
look, the problem has happened to me both with modern and old HP brand equipment, Ventoy works perfectly for me, but when I have installed both W7 and W10, approximately when I reach 47% percent of file decompression, I get an error that does not find the drivers, but when I try with Rufus, using the same ISOs, that error is not shown, and I finish the installation of the OS perfectly, and it has only happened to me with the HP brand, because I have used the same ISOs that I use in Ventoy on other brands like Intel, AMD, etc, and I don't have those problems, when I have that problem with HP laptops, I have to resort to using Rufus or YUMI, when I have Ventoy ready to work, I hope your help
Stopping at 47% is not a typical issue.
Are you UEFI-booting to Ventoy or legacy BIOS booting?
Can you tell us what the EXACT error message is please or add a screenshot.
Are you using the same USB drive for testing both Rufus and Ventoy? What USB device are you using?
Are you using the same USB port on the same notebook each time?
Is the USB drive and USB port USB 3 or USB 2?
Usually such a 47% error is indicative of a USB I/O data issue - sometimes it is solved by using a USB 2 extension cable so that USB 3 speeds are not used.
Do you get the same problem using the same USB drive and same USB port and same ISO and same booting method (legacy\UEFI) when using an Easy2Boot USB menu system on the USB drive?
1-boot is by UEFI
2-Unfortunately I can't show any screenshots, I don't own an HP branded laptop right now as they were installed using Rufus and returned to their owners
3-I do not use the same USB drive, Ventoy I have it on a Kingston brand USB, Rufus I have used it on Sony and Samsung brand drives, both drives larger than 16GB
4-I do not use the same port, I exchange between all thinking that this is the problem
5-the drive I use with Ventoy is USB 3, the other drives I use with Rufus are both USB 3 and 2, ports on laptops vary depending on whether they are modern or old, as I have come across both
6-once I used Easy2Boot, but it did not compare or work the same as Ventoy does, that's why I stopped using it, and in the sun today, wondering how Easy2Boot works is pointless, although I have used YUMI and it has helped me at times neither Ventoy nor Rufus have been able to fix the problem, but I would say that YUMI has only solved the problem for me about 5-8 times that Ventoy or Rufus haven't, sometimes it also fails in both UEFI and BIOS