Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventoy does not install
Hello everyone, I specify that I do not know English and I wrote in Italian and then use an automatic translator, so if you find written things not understandable have patience and ask for clarification.

I have a problem with the installation of Ventoy on Windows 10 Enterprise.

I had a version just above 1.0.50, since it had recently I clicked on the "Update" button, the result was that ventoy stopped working.

I picked up Ventoy 1.0.72 and installed it from scratch, which doesn't even install.
I thought that, as sometimes happens, some software versions come out that have problems and I waited for the next version, but this one doesn't install either.

I found an old version, 1.0.18, in my pc, I try to install it and.... IT INSTALLS, too bad it doesn't work, I send Ventoy to hell.

After a while I see that 1.0.74 has been released and I try with this, failure confirmed.

I start to investigate, and in the log file I find an "Error 5" message.
I search on the net and I find some things that, for me that I am less than a software expert, are not very understandable.
In an answer, however, I find a feasible thing "first of all try to disable the antivirus" (I use the Windows one), I try it and Ventoy installs!

Could someone please explain to me why Ventoy used to install and now it doesn't anymore, unless I disable the antivirus?

Thank you.
You have installed or updated your antivirus software.
For instance Acronis AV will block some sector writes to USB drives.
Hi Steve, sorry I'm late.
If by antivirus you mean AV other than Windows no, because I use that.
If it is meant in a general sense the Windows AV does its updates regularly.
So you are sure no AV like Acronis Cloud Protect or other Service is visible in Task Manager?
Did you check your USB drive?
e.g. FakeFlashTest.exe
Hi Steve.
No, there is no Acronis or antivirus on my pc other than the internal Windows one.

I tried to install Ventoy on 5 different usb drives and it wouldn't install except by disabling the antivirus present, and they're not fakes.

One clarification, although I don't think it affects it since it was present before, my OS is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019.
(05-24-2022, 07:01 AM)bbrun Wrote: Hi Steve.
No, there is no Acronis or antivirus on my pc other than the internal Windows one.

I tried to install Ventoy on 5 different usb drives and it wouldn't install except by disabling the antivirus present, and they're not fakes.

One clarification, although I don't think it affects it since it was present before, my OS is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019.
Hi bbrun..

Since ui think all ur usb's are ok.. U can try installing ventoy on a different pc or better install virtual machine then try it from there or u can

even boot into save mode and try install ventoy if it'll be success.
Hello Vyros4u.
On another pc the installation of Ventoy is running smoothly, I wrote that in my first post.

I tried installing it on mine from Safe Mode with Networking, and everything ran smoothly.
What could it be? A too restrictive antivirus or pc security setting?

Thank you.
(05-27-2022, 02:41 PM)bbrun Wrote: Hello Vyros4u.
On another pc the installation of Ventoy is running smoothly, I wrote that in my first post.

I tried installing it on mine from Safe Mode with Networking, and everything ran smoothly.
What could it be? A too restrictive antivirus or pc security setting?

Thank you.

Have u made any changes to windows security (windows defender?) or install any robust antivirus or any security software, try disabling them and see they are the cause. If not then maybe the edition of windows u run (Enterprise) has some security feature running by default..
U can downgrade to PRO to verify if u don't mind.
1) Have you made changes to Windows security (windows defender?).

2) or installed antivirus or robust security software, try disabling them and see if they are the cause.

3) If not, maybe the edition of Windows you are using (Enterprise) has some default security features.

4) If you don't mind, you can upgrade to the PRO edition to check.

---------------------------------------------------------

2): In my LTSC pc I only have the Windows security SW.

4): I have never done this operation and have no intention to do it, as I wrote previously I tried to install Ventoy using my brother's Win 10 Pro pc and everything went smoothly.

3): I don't think so, previously to that Ventoy update done on the stick connected to the pc everything was fine.

1): At this point I think it is the most likely cause, the problem is to figure out which one it depends on.