Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VHDBoot Plugin
Does the VHDBoot plugin officially works with Windows 11 VHD created as a windows-to-go (using rufus)?
why don't you try it?
(12-04-2021, 01:07 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: why don't you try it?
Actually i have but wanted to know if its officially supported, not sure if there's issues? i didnt face any tho so far
mlbl Wrote: Does the VHDBoot plugin officially works with Windows 11 VHD created as a windows-to-go (using rufus)?
mlbl Wrote: Actually i have but wanted to know if its officially supported...

Care to share some more details of your setup?

Previous Windows 10 results were posted at https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=370, BTW.
Idea When a post helps you in any way, please rate it. Thank you. [Image: rateit.png]
(12-06-2021, 03:57 PM)Midas Wrote:
mlbl Wrote: Does the VHDBoot plugin officially works with Windows 11 VHD created as a windows-to-go (using rufus)?
mlbl Wrote: Actually i have but wanted to know if its officially supported...

Care to share some more details of your setup?

Previous Windows 10 results were posted at https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=370, BTW.
Nothing special to be honest - i just use rufus to create a windows-to-go installation (there's an option in rufus latest release for that) - then i just create a vhd file, copy the entire contents of the USB to the VHD, then boot the  vhd using ventoy...that's it. not sure if this is the proper way ?
mlbl Wrote: copy the entire contents of the USB to the VHD, then boot the  vhd using ventoy...

And how did you do that (convert the USB drive to a VHD, that is)?

I have my own resources (e.g., sysinternals disk2vhd) but you know -- as they say -- the devil is in details... Wink
Idea When a post helps you in any way, please rate it. Thank you. [Image: rateit.png]
Hello All,

VHD and VHDX work fine for me with Windows 10, but not with Windows 11. I use "Disk2vhd v2.02".

Have Somebody a solution for "Windows 11".

Thanks for a reply.
Try using your grubfm_ventoyfm iso, you'll like it right away