Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventoy Boot problem
Greetings, I would like to ask about a question I have. I have created a 1 Tera pendrive, with the Ventoy program, version 0.45. But when I try to boot from the pendrive, instead of leaving the ISO selection window, to install ... I get a window in CMD, which I attach a screenshot. I don't know what it is, in a previous version, Ventoy had worked very well for me, it started in the iso files selection menu ... but now, I don't know if it will be because of the size of the pendrive, but it doesn't start me ... .Thank you

[Image: IMG-20210530-211150.jpg]
Legacy BIOS mode or UEFI mode?
Does it boot OK if you use a small USB stick?
Maybe because of: https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_legacy_limit.html
Thank you very much for the answer, so, in that explanation, does it put a solution? .. I will try, and yes .. it could be due to what it explains. I will try to do what it explains, although let's see if I understand, because I have several PCs and laptops, and I would be interested if it works in all types of bios, because having 1 Tera of capacity, I can have the iso of the systems, and all the programs that I have in that unilo pendrive..a greeting
(06-04-2021, 10:19 AM)longpanda Wrote: Legacy BIOS mode or UEFI mode?
Does it boot OK if you use a small USB stick?
Maybe because of: https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_legacy_limit.html

Greetings mate, I have been trying to understand the procedure described in the link that you gave me, and I do not understand it very well.
I explain:
  On my 1 Terabyte usb stick, when I install Ventoy normally, I see that it does the installation, and in the program window, it shows me the installed version, but nevertheless, it does not create the 2 partitions, and if I start the program again, I see that it does not detect the installation of ventoy in that pendrive.
So, in the post that you have put me, it talks about copying a file in a partition manually, but ... do I have to create 2 partitions by hand? for example to see if what I am understanding is correct.
I format the pendrive, I create 2 partitions from windows, one of for example 32 gigabytes, and the other with the rest of the USB capacity (it is 1 Tera), then I copy the only file that they comment on in that explanation to the small partition? Is that so? ... well I can try to see if I can make it work like this ...
Ventoy always creates 2 partitions, one 32mb fat partition and the other. But ventoy is designed to hide 32mb fat partition, so you see only 1 partition. You create 2 partitions yourself and then copy the file as you presented. non-standard ventoy should be stopped at grub shell. In addition, ventoy2disk has an option to add a 3rd partition
Many 1TB flash drives are fake and do not contain 1TB of memory.
If you cannot see two partitions using a utility such as EaseUS Home Partition Master or RMPrepUSB - Drive Info, then you probably have a fake!
If it was very cheap you probably have a fake.
Test it using FakeFlashTest.exe or RMPrepUSB.exe - Quick Size Test
(07-18-2021, 08:56 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Many 1TB flash drives are fake and do not contain 1TB of memory.
If you cannot see two partitions using a utility such as EaseUS Home Partition Master or RMPrepUSB - Drive Info, then you probably have a fake!

Well that's going to be it, which is a fake, well I bought it on Amazon, what a deception. I put a screenshot of the usb test program that you commit to me.

Even so, I could create 2 partitions manually and try? Even if I lost space? I say it to take advantage of the pencil, thanks

(07-18-2021, 08:56 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Many 1TB flash drives are fake and do not contain 1TB of memory.

Look, however, in the windows disk manager, if the 32-megabyte partition appears, how strange, right?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The 2nd partition is listed as RAW, i.e. unformatted. Probably because there is no memory there!
(07-21-2021, 07:25 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: The 2nd partition is listed as RAW, i.e. unformatted. Probably because there is no memory there!

Thank you very much, in the end I have to understand that the 1 Tera pendrive is very bad.

A question, for example one of 128 gigabytes, would it be valid to avoid the problem of booting in the 2 systems, UEFI and LEGACY? Because if so, I will buy a good one of 128 gigabytes, thanks, greetings
Yes, 128Gb Sandisk Extreme Pro USB 3.1 is the best drive to choose (not the cheaper 'Go' version).
If that is too expensive, check the Crystal DiskMark 4K Random I/O benchmark figure before buying - it should be at least 1MB/s.
Many 'fast' USB 3 drives have very poor 4K random I/O figure - so beware!