Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Boot from VHD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(03-17-2023, 05:55 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: [ -> ]You should install windows directly on your real machine, because the first time you run it, windows scans the device and loads the driver, in short, installs windows on a real machine and after the configuration is complete, booting directly is ok, then create a vhd file from the drive. The hard drive contains the windows operating system, then ventoy will load and boot win.vhd(x) successfully.

I understand what you mean but (as I mention in my very first message) when I boot Windows.vhd via Ventoy it gives this error:

"Windows Boot Manager"

Windows failed to start.

There is an invalid object in the Boot Configuration Data Store."

Are you sure that the above error is just because driver? I think it's about missing or wrong config about booting process (Ventoy, MBR...)
Can you upload the windows live boot clips and windows.vhd(x) boot clips?
(03-18-2023, 06:06 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: [ -> ]Can you upload the windows live boot clips and windows.vhd(x) boot clips?
It's 12+ GB Sad It will take days to upload...

It would be great if I can send you some important files or MBR information from VHD file.
Can you post the video clips of windows live boot and windows.vhd(x) boot?

Try deleting the boot folder in the drive containing the windows operating system
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6