Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Can Ventoy be deployed to a VHD(x)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Ventoy to a VHD because I wanted to avoid having to use an entire device dedicated to Ventoy, but I haven't found a way to boot Ventoy from the VHD. Is this even possible? Might be a good enhancement if Ventoy could run from a VHD instead of a requiring a physical device.
Sure, it is possible to install in vhd. But as for me I was able to use it in VirtualBox
(03-23-2024, 03:37 PM)luskl Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, it is possible to install in vhd. But as for me I was able to use it in VirtualBox
Quote:I have a boot-able HDD partition with a BCD to boot WinPE wim files and other Windows VHDs. I would like to add Ventoy as another VHD in that partition, but I'm not sure if the BCD can be configured to work for that. Is what I have in mind even possible?

(03-24-2024, 09:21 AM)click-click Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-23-2024, 03:37 PM)luskl Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, it is possible to install in vhd. But as for me I was able to use it in VirtualBox
Quote:I have a boot-able HDD partition with a BCD to boot WinPE wim files and other Windows VHDs. I would like to add Ventoy as another VHD in that partition, but I'm not sure if the BCD can be configured to work for that. Is what I have in mind even possible?

Okay. But when booting Ventoy from VHD, Ventoy won't mount iso. This will lead to booting linux iso, unix iso, bsd iso,... will fail.