Ventoy Forums

Full Version: VENTOYEFI partition is not visible.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a new member and user, I am very pleased with Ventoy. It is absolutely magnificent.

I have found this issue when using Ventoy on my Toshiba 500GB SSD. As per the title, the VENTOYEFI partition is not visible on this SSD in Windows File Managers - but it is there!. The SSD boots and works just fine and the VENTOYEFI partition IS visible in WinPE applications.

When I use Ventoy to set up various other Flash Drives, I see the VENTOYEFI partition on those flash drives in Windows file managers - but not on this SSD?

Any thoughts?
Windows may or may not assign a volume letter to a partition. Since the EFI partition is usually hidden, Windows has probably not assigned it a drive letter. This is normal for a full Windows OS, but it depends on the Windows Registry. If previously, you (or some software) has assigned a volume letter to that particular USB device in the past, then Windows may assign a volume letter to it even if the disk is wiped and reformatted.
So if you really want to see that partition, just go into Windows Disk Manager and assign it a volume letter if Windows has not assigned one.
(11-19-2023, 10:06 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: [ -> ]Windows may or may not assign a volume letter to a partition. Since the EFI partition is usually hidden, Windows has probably not assigned it a drive letter. This is normal for a full Windows OS, but it depends on the Windows Registry. If previously, you (or some software) has assigned a volume letter to that particular USB device in the past, then Windows may assign a volume letter to it even if the disk is wiped and reformatted.
So if you really want to see that partition, just go into Windows Disk Manager and assign it a volume letter if Windows has not assigned one.

Thanks for the info - most helpful. Makes sense - now.