Ventoy Forums

Full Version: ventoy_grub.cfg usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried following:-

https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_grubmenu.html

but on booting up Ventoy I get:-

ventoy_grub.cfg NOT exist.

I have gone through the instructions five or six times but end up with the same result.

What am I missing?
Care about that the full file path /ventoy/ventoy_grub.cfg must be in lower case.
Are you using Windows Explorer and do you have 'Show Extensions' option enabled so you can see the file extension is .cfg and not .cfg.txt ???
(05-23-2023, 02:50 PM)longpanda Wrote: [ -> ]Care about that the full file path /ventoy/ventoy_grub.cfg must be in lower case.

I have two partitions on a MBR drive, fat32 and exfat.

The fat32 partition contains EFI, grub, tool, ventoy directories among others

The exfat partition contains my ventoy_grub.cfg file which is a copy of the one in the example provided. This the directory I would normally store my ISOs.

When Ventoy loads and I press F6 it says ventoy_grub.cfg NOT exist.

I have tried this many times, including installing on different devices both configured as MBR and GPT.

It seems that i missing something fundamental here. If I try booting a normal ISO things work as they should.

(05-23-2023, 05:40 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Windows Explorer and do you have 'Show Extensions' option enabled so you can see the file extension is  .cfg  and not .cfg.txt ???
I am using FreeBSD in text mode and can clearly see all filenames.
File should be /ventoy/ventoy_grub.cfg in large partition.
file ventoy_grub.cfg under ventoy directory in the first partition, that is /ventoy/ventoy_grub.cfg and that's all.
(05-24-2023, 11:10 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: [ -> ]file ventoy_grub.cfg under ventoy directory in the first partition, that is /ventoy/ventoy_grub.cfg and that's all.
I didn't realise I needed to create a ventoy directory in the first partition. I'm not sure the instructions mention this.

I have it working now.

Is it possible to have ventoy_grub.cfg appear in the first menu without having to select F6?
  • Special 
    VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE
  •  Values
[*]You can use some special values for VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE.

Code:
VTOY_EXIT
[*]: Ventoy will exit after timeout.

Code:
Fn>xx>xx
[*]: Fn hotkey menu
{
    "control": [
        { "VTOY_MENU_TIMEOUT": "10" },
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "VTOY_EXIT" }
    ]
}

{
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "F5>Power>Halt" }
    ]
}

{
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "F4>Search and boot Windows" }
    ]
}

{
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "F4>Boot the 1st local disk" }
    ]
}

{
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "F5>Check plugin json configuration (ventoy.json)>Check theme plugin configuration" }
    ]
}

Full view here https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_control.html
I have tried changing ventoy.json several times, but my changes get reverted on rebooting.
content ventoy.json
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "F6>" },
        { "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" }       
    ],
Pages: 1 2