Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Ventoy doesn't show the devices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I would like to install Ventoy 1.0.84 on Windows 11 Enterprise 22H2, but when I start the installation, no device appears even if the item "Show all devices" is spit out. How come?

Thanks

Bye
In Windows, some processes will occupy the USB drive, and Ventoy2Disk.exe cannot obtain the control right of the USB drive, so that the device cannot be listed.
Some known process are as follows:
1. Paragon ExtFS for Windows
2. ParagonMounter
3. DokanMounter
4. ext2fsd
5. DiskGenius
6. DSAService.exe (Intel® Driver & Support Assistant).
(12-09-2022, 09:37 AM)longpanda Wrote: [ -> ]In Windows, some processes will occupy the USB drive, and Ventoy2Disk.exe cannot obtain the control right of the USB drive, so that the device cannot be listed.
Some known process are as follows:
1. Paragon ExtFS for Windows
2. ParagonMounter
3. DokanMounter
4. ext2fsd
5. DiskGenius
6. DSAService.exe (Intel® Driver & Support Assistant).

I have none of these programs installed.

So, what can I do?

Thanks

Bye
Look at the list of Services in Windows Tsk Manager for other software which may be causing the issue
Using another computer, I was able to create a Ventoy stick, but entering into it, I don't see any files. Is this normal?

Now, since I have the GParted Live iso and the Windows 11 installation iso, how do I create a stick that alternately boots one of the two isos?

Thanks

Bye
It's normal.
After install, you will get an empty partition.
Just drag and drop your ISO files to it.
(12-10-2022, 09:27 AM)longpanda Wrote: [ -> ]It's normal.
After install, you will get an empty partition.
Just drag and drop your ISO files to it.
I'm sorry but I have two isos to put in this stick.

So how do I insert their files and create the two items in the boot menu so that I can choose which operating system to boot when I will boot from this stick?

Thanks

Bye
You don't need to do anything else.
Just drap and drop your ISO files to it.
If you put two ISO files to the USB stick and it will automatically show two menus when you boot the USB stick.
If you put 10 ISO files to the USB stick and it will automatically show 10 menus when you boot the USB stick.
Seems that you are not very familar with how to use Ventoy.
There are many videos about how to use Ventoy in Youtube, you can refer.
How do I change the boot menu items without renaming the iso files saved on the stick?

Thanks

Bye
Pages: 1 2