Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Ventoy 1.0.61 Installation Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I used two different USB sticks, the exact same model, but two different pieces, and the result is always the same, the error.
When I use the same USB sticks with a previous version of Ventoy, 1.0.37 it works with both of them. Both USB sticks are brand new, never used them for anything else, before Ventoy.

I am going to get a different brand and new, never used, USB stick and see what happens.
(12-03-2021, 02:27 AM)Diamax Wrote: [ -> ]I used two different USB sticks, the exact same model, but two different pieces, and the result is always the same, the error.
When I use the same USB sticks with a previous version of Ventoy, 1.0.37 it works with both of them. Both USB sticks are brand new, never used them for anything else, before Ventoy.

I am going to get a different brand and new, never used, USB stick and see what happens.

In previous Ventoy release, it don't do the readback and compare operation.
I did try with two different USB sticks, another brand new Lexar (different model) and a generic, no name stick.
I did not get any error. I did not try to install any ISO file after that, but again no error, and it looks like the partitioning was done correctly on both of these two USB sticks.

Previously you said:

"When install, Ventoy will write some data to the USB stick and at the end of install, Ventoy will read back the data and compare with the data that just write before."

I'm curious, starting with which version of Ventoy did you implement the write and read data.
I would like to do some more tests.

Thank you Longpanda!
Good evening

I wanted to test ventoy because I find the multiboot practical

but it turns out that for me it does not work I have error code 5, I tested with 2 different usb keys and the same result

by following the advice read on github by disabling the antivirus and cleaning the key with diskpart or any other partition software the result is negative

I am on windows 10 pro in administrator mode

it turns out that with
rufus I have no problem
(12-06-2021, 04:59 PM)mathieu89 Wrote: [ -> ]Good evening

I wanted to test ventoy because I find the multiboot practical

but it turns out that for me it does not work I have error code 5, I tested with 2 different usb keys and the same result

by following the advice read on github by disabling the antivirus and cleaning the key with diskpart or any other partition software the result is negative

I am on windows 10 pro in administrator mode

it turns out that with
rufus I have no problem

Have you tried all the methods here: https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_ventoy2disk.html
after testing the link you gave me longpanda

the part with vdsi image creation and image creation with rufus gives me a raw key

I tested as a last resort the live cd to create with rufus
it boots well but when creating the key, this one writes 4 percent then the computer restarts.

so no solution to quote worked
Hello

I come back to you to say that the vtsi method on my lexar usb key with creation of the image with rufus updated to version 3.16 to work

the key now boots well with my iso on laptop pc msi ge72 6qf

on the other hand how is that
what happens for the update of the next version of ventoy on my usb key?
Please send me your windows 10 pro version mathieu89
i'm on windows 10 pro 21h1 build 19043.1387
You try to update to ventoy1.0.62 version, anyway you already know how to install ventoy1.0.61 for your usb
Pages: 1 2 3