Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Booting Windows VHD with custom boot flags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone managed to Boot Windows VHD(X) in Testmode? I modified the BCD Store of the VHD but I guess the BCD Store in the .img mentioned here has to be edited which does not Work with every IMG/ISO Editor I tried.. Ist there really no possibility to Boot a Windows VHD in Safe Mode, Testmode etc. from Ventoy?
(11-20-2023, 08:12 PM)glockmane Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone managed to Boot Windows VHD(X) in Testmode? I modified the BCD Store of the VHD but I guess the BCD Store in the .img mentioned here has to be edited which does not Work with every IMG/ISO Editor I tried.. Ist there really no possibility to Boot a Windows VHD in Safe Mode, Testmode etc. from Ventoy?
So Ventoy can boot everything except vhd in testmode?  Sad Confused
(12-12-2023, 06:42 PM)glockmane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2023, 08:12 PM)glockmane Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone managed to Boot Windows VHD(X) in Testmode? I modified the BCD Store of the VHD but I guess the BCD Store in the .img mentioned here has to be edited which does not Work with every IMG/ISO Editor I tried.. Ist there really no possibility to Boot a Windows VHD in Safe Mode, Testmode etc. from Ventoy?
So Ventoy can boot everything except vhd in testmode?  Sad Confused
Ventoy can completely boot windows.vhd(x) in testmode. I have experienced it and this is not difficult.
You can download the Source code (zip) from https://github.com/ventoy/vhdiso/releases, modify the bcd in vhdiso-3.0\vhdiso\efi\microsoft\boot, and build the ventoy_vhdboot.img image using mkvhdboot.sh
Pages: 1 2