Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Max USB size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hapEcat Wrote:I'm perplexed, to say the least!

For deeper understanding of the issue, perhaps you could also compare the devices' filesystem layout with a tool like Bootice -- which can also fine-tune the formatting...
The stick that currently boots and works is a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 16GB, the same model sticks of 64GB, and 128GB, will not boot.
The laptop is an HP 15 271wm, so yes it supports USB 3.0, with 3 USB ports, 2(3.0) and 1(2.0).
I won't have access to another computer, for at least another month. We left it at my wife's dad's house, which is out of state.
It appears that the stick, I'm trying to use, is not being recognized as a bootable USB device.
Other USBs that are bootable, are recognized and boot as they should.
Ventoy, as it would seem, is not creating this USB device as bootable.
probably fake USB drives.
Can you see any files on the second FAT partition?
If you have a Windows system, test the USB drive using FakeFlashTest.exe.
In the working 16GB, two partitions are given drive letters, and are able to see files in both partitions.
In the non-booting 128GB, only the ISO storage partition is given a drive letter. When I assign the Ventoy partition a drive letter, I'm able to see all files in the partition, but they use 90% of the 32MG partition.

Fake Flash test....
FAKEFLASHTEST v1.1.2  [SSi]
DRIVE 1 -  114.6GiB USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1           
FFT - Quick Size Test (destructive)
DRIVE 1 -  114.6GiB USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1

One of the other test revealed...
[attachment=427]

Other tests I've run reveal no bad sectors... Again, puzzled!
Evidently the 128GB stick I was trying to use has some bad sectors in it.
I just found a 32GB Ultra 3.0, I didn't know I had, and the Ventoy install went perfectly.
(08-08-2021, 06:03 PM)hapEcat Wrote: [ -> ]What is the maximum supported size USB stick that can be used?
128GB didn't work, even 64GB seemed to complain, but 16GB does work flawlessly.
Hello,

I use an USB SSD with :

Partition 1 (eFat) = Ventoy = 300 Go
Partition 2 (NTFS) = Data = 1,7 To

Work Very Well.
(08-08-2021, 06:03 PM)hapEcat Wrote: [ -> ]What is the maximum supported size USB stick that can be used?
128GB didn't work, even 64GB seemed to complain, but 16GB does work flawlessly.
Same problem here with my 128GB stick, but my 64GB stick works. both from Blitzwolf. I don't know why.
read the posts!
You probably have a fake USB drive - it is very common!
(09-11-2021, 05:27 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: [ -> ]read the posts!
You probably have a fake USB drive - it is very common!

No, I haven't. Tested it.
Pages: 1 2 3