Ventoy Forums

Full Version: Ventoy UEFI boot issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am encountering a UEFI boot issue with a 32 GB Ventoy USB drive that I prepared. The menu with the list of ISO images appears, but when I select one I get a black screen with a white cursor, unless I boot in BIOS mode. I am using supported ISOs (Clonezilla and Manjaro Linux). Here is a screenshot of the vtdebug output:

[Image: IMG-20210606-010945.jpg]

The motherboard is an ASUS P8H67V and UEFI boot works ok with another tool called AIO Boot. What could be the problem here?
The picture is too small, I can't see the content.
(06-08-2021, 08:53 AM)longpanda Wrote: [ -> ]The picture is too small, I can't see the content.
Here is a link to the full-size photograph:

[Image: IMG-20210606-010945.jpg]
Still can't see it.
(06-08-2021, 09:04 AM)longpanda Wrote: [ -> ]Still can't see it.

I am surprised, the image is big and clearly visible for me on a computer monitor. Is access to it perhaps blocked ?

Here is a direct link to download the image.

IMG-20210606-010945.jpg (4608×3456) (ibb.co)
Which iso file did you boot?
Can other ISO file boot fine? (e.g. CentOS/Arch/Ubuntu)?
Please make a video about the whole process, I need the full debug message.
(06-08-2021, 10:11 AM)longpanda Wrote: [ -> ]Please make a video about the whole process, I need the full debug message.
I got this error when booting Clonezilla in UEFI mode on a  ASUS P8H67V motherboard. It works in BIOS mode. Arch (Manjaro Linux) also works only in BIOS mode.

On a newer B450 motherboard both BIOS and UEFI boot are working.

Ok, I will make a video after recreating the ventoy usb stick. The error message at the end is "Disk I/O Driver NOT found, now try COMPONENT_NAME".
OK, You'd better download CentOS-7-x86_64-Minimal-2009.iso file to make the video.
I tested many times with this iso file and is much familar with it.